Saint Peter's Wort (Hypericum tetrapterum)

DENIAL
"Didn't I see you with him in the olive grove?"
Peter replied, "Man, I don't know what you're talking about!"
Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed.
The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter.
Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him:
"Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me THREE times."
And he went outside and wept bitterly...

FORGIVENESS
...Jesus said to Peter, Do you truly love me more than these?"
"Yes, Lord, " he said, " you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
Again Jesus said, "Simon, son of John, do you truly love me?"
He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
The THIRD time he said to him,
"Simon son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time,
" Do you love me?"
He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."
The New Testament

2 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Hypericum has always been one of my favorite plants. I've been wanting to plant some for many years. My grandma had big rows of them by her drive way in the back of her house. I have vivid memories of this plant even from toddlerhood.

lindafay said...

Allyjo's mama, we just love these flowers too. St. John's wort is also all around us during the summer. If I remember right, it is the smaller of the two.